Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just CRY already!

Ok, I'm being selfish. I don't REALLY want you to cry. Well... maybe a little. I mean you could spare me a tear or two. After Everything I have done for you. All the meals, all the sleepless nights, the endless breastfeeding, Kissing of boo-boos, breaking up fights between you and your brother . Do I even NEED to mention the fact that you used to think poo was for painting with? For that alone I deserve buckets of tears. Maybe as many as I cried while scrubbing poo out of the carpets , and off the walls, and out of your hair every FREAKIN day. All those reasons aside: I CREATED you. Can't I get just one flippin tear?! I take you to your very first day of "preschool" and this is what I get. You, striking a pose, looking insanely cute, and happy as pie. HAPPY. Sheesh. Where is the kicking and screaming and begging "MOMMY DON'T LEAVE ME!" Huh? Can't I get one of those? At least you didn't give one to Dad either (that would have had me in a state). For that, I think I may forgive you. Just this once.

I'm very Glad that you at least stuck on my side while trying to find a place to sit, and while meeting your teachers. That made me feel good. I was at least needed for that! It was nice to know you were just the tiniest bit apprehensive with all these strangers.


It didn't last long though did it? Give you a paint brush and some glue and you are happy as pie. Who needs parents? "Bye Dad!! Love you!". A kiss and a wave for mom, and you were just fine with us walking out that door. "Um hello!! We are leaving!? Don't you want to throw yourself at my legs now , clinging on and begging me not to go? "

Perfectly content to do your project! If I hadn't called your name you probably wouldn't have even noticed us leaving!


Well, at least one of us shed some tears. Mom barely made it to the car. I tried like hell not to. But you are my BABY. And someone else is going to be hangin out with you during the day and probably entertaining you better than I do. And I am going to be home all alone for the next week ( a shame I know), wandering the house wishing you were here (or taking a nap, whatever).
In all honesty, I'm very glad you didn't cry and carry on. I am so glad that you love school so much. It just makes me feel much better about going back to school myself. Knowing that you aren't sitting there all day crying and wanting your mom. That would just break my heart. I will admit though, when the teachers told me that you asked them to call me cause you were ready to come home , It made me feel a little better. At least I'm not totally expendable. Even if it was only because you didn't want to do what they were doing. You are something else monkey! I love you.
P.S. QUIT growing would you?!!! I don't know how much more I can handle.












5 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWW!!!! she's all grown up!!! give little monkey a big squeeze from her auntie!!! i love you all so much and i miss you like crazy.... seriously, i miss you guys!! tell my bro he looks fantastic btw....can't wait to see more pics! and hold it together woman..go shopping, take a nap, you'll be fiiiine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful. I'm sure she was crying on the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so cute! I'm glad she's enjoying school- stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her little pose is so cute- and her back pack is adorable!! Looks like she's loving preschool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is adorable! I love her backpack!!! :) what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Words From the Peanut Gallery: